White Labs Clarity Ferm, 10 mL
An easy way to eliminate chill haze in your finished beer is to add one vial of Clarity Ferm to your fermenter prior to the onset of fermentation. Use 1 vial per 5 -7 gallon batch.
For the beer geek (but still simplified!):
Chill haze is caused in your fermenter during aging when polyphenols and polypetides bond together. Clarity ferm cleaves polypetides (a protein fraction) so they cannot bond with polyphenols (tannin). This product is also known as Brewer's Clarex.
There are also discussions and testing being done with this product, finding that it reduces gluten levels in beer. Gluten is the protein that Gluten-Intolerant (Coeliac) folks need to avoid or greatly reduce consumption of. Always consult a Doctor first before use in this application.
- An enzyme that is effective at preventing chill haze
- Increases shelf-life and product consistency
- Does not alter beer flavor or aroma
- Has no effect on head retention
- Can produce gluten-reduced* beers made with barley (*The majority of beers test below 10ppm gluten when used in the correct dosage)
- Shelf life is 6 months.
Humboldt Beer Works
Humboldt Beer Works is located in Old Town Eureka, on California's beautiful & rugged North Coast.
Locally owned and operated since 2011, and re-established in 2018, we've been committed to offering the highest quality ingredients and equipment, as well as the advice you need to succeed.