The Brewer's Apprentice
An Insider's Guide to the Art and Craft of Beer Brewing, Taught by the Masters
Drink up and pay homage to your favorite hobby—craft brewing beer, ciders, and meads—alongside the legends, innovators, and rising stars of the beer world!
In The Brewer’s Apprentice, you get incomparable behind-the-scenes access to the craft brewing world, along with tutorials on everything from mastering the perfect pour to designing a world-class IPA. This illustrated handbook escorts you through the steps of the brewing process and offers a unique curriculum that supports and enhances your knowledge of brewing basics.
Inside, you'll find:
- 18 world-class brewers, including Vinnie Cilurzo (Russian River), Sam Calagione (Dogfish Head) and Ken Grossman (Sierra Nevada) as they share their expertise in vivid, engaging interviews
- Advice on sourcing the best hops, barley, wheat, and more; farm-to-table and seasonal brewing
- Strategies for setting up your homebrewing workshop to master brewing chemistry 101
- Methods for tinkering with nontraditional ingredients and extreme brews
- Techniques for brewing mead, sour ales, and cider
Authors: Greg Koch, Matt Allyn
Humboldt Beer Works
Humboldt Beer Works is located in Old Town Eureka, on California's beautiful & rugged North Coast.
Locally owned and operated since 2011, and re-established in 2018, we've been committed to offering the highest quality ingredients and equipment, as well as the advice you need to succeed.