Dual Scale Refractometer w/ ATC
Sale Sold out
Regular price $25.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
A refractometer is used to measure the density of a solution, in our case how much malt sugar is in solution.
Our refractometer is unique in that it features both a Brix Scale and a Specific Gravity Scale, the scale most homebrewers use.
- For Wine: Measure the brix level (sugar level) in your grapes.
- For Beer Making: A refractometer allows you take instant gravity readings at any point during the boil, or even during the run off of the sparge during an all-grain brew. Our unit allows you to measure in Specific Gravity Scale.
- Our refractometer is hand held with a metal body, flexible eye piece and rubber grip.
- It features a 0 to 32% Brix scale with .2% resolution and ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation). Traditional refractometers without ATC are calibrated to work at 68 degrees Fahrenheit. The ATC function allows you to use the refractometer in an ambient temperature range of 50-86 degrees Fahrenheit (10-30 Celsius.) Because your sample is just one drop, and will quickly adjust to the temperature of the refractometer, the temperature of the sample is irrelevant.
- Our unit also comes with a manual calibration knob that is secured with a lock nut. To calibrate place one drop of water on the testing platform and adjust to zero if necessary.
Humboldt Beer Works
Humboldt Beer Works is located in Old Town Eureka, on California's beautiful & rugged North Coast.
Locally owned and operated since 2011, and re-established in 2018, we've been committed to offering the highest quality ingredients and equipment, as well as the advice you need to succeed.